Updated June 10th, 2021
Status: Acadia Recreation Complex is open with restrictions in accordance with Provincial Guidelines
Yay! We are so excited to hear that Alberta has entered Stage 2 of the Open for Summer Plan as of today, June 10th. The Alberta government’s 3-stage roadmap outlines how restrictions will ease while protecting the health-care system. This plan has been activated to safely lift restrictions as vaccinations go up and hospitalizations go down. After several weeks of closures, and coming together to achieve the benchmarks required to advance from Stage 1, we are beyond thrilled to open our doors – in a limited capacity, as restrictions allow.
Based on Stage 2 of this plan, the following will be in effect at the ARC:
Starting June 10th:
Outdoor gatherings at the ARC – 20 people max with social distancing
Indoor recreation – open at ⅓ our fire code occupancy (max 93 people)
Sports and performance activities – resume
Receptions – 20 people max with social distancing – outdoors only
At the ARC:
- Participants (and parents) must wear masks and social distance in shared spaces (foyer, change rooms, stands, bathrooms, etc.)
- Spectators are allowed to watch in the stands – up to ⅓ capacity (max 93 people)
- During practices or games, participants are not required to wear a mask or social distance
- We are asking participants (and their families) to limit the time spent in the area before and after activities
- ARC staff will be cleaning and sanitizing common areas between user groups
Currently open for bookings:
- Squash and racquetball
- Blood donor clinics
- Hall rentals
- Kid Zone (coming soon)
We hope that this is a light at the end of a long tunnel, and that by summer we will be able to open our doors fully. Thank you to each one of you who have shown kindness and consideration as we have navigated through these challenging times. We remain immensely grateful to the ARC staff for their continued efforts keeping our facility safe, clean, and organized. Please continue to follow our social channels and website for updates and details as they become available.
Contact moc.a1627507877caida1627507877ca@dr1627507877aob1627507877 with any questions.